Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Throwback Thursday & Linky Party Fun!

Hi Friends!

Happy 4th of July!  I'm joining my first "Linky Party" today from Cara, the author of The First Grade Parade. Check it out, by clicking the button below.








While I'm still relatively new to blogging, here's a blog from the past (before I took my hiatus) that might help any of you looking forward to setting up your classrooms real soon! Enjoy!

Aloha!
-Jenn-

Originally Posted on August 2, 2009


I've got one more day of prep left before the troops arrive on Tuesday.  I've added some pictures of what the room looks like now.  Keep in mind I've got about 4-5 hours or so of work to put in, so  bulletin boards and library should look better afterward.  I have yet to put up my CAFE board, but I'm playing around with the idea of changing it to FACE instead.  I love the idea of a CAFE and the word itself sounds more beautiful, but I like that FACE is a word that the kids will have an easier time with since it "follows the rules".   I'd put it up on the board as "The FACE of a Reader".


Do you think I should go with CAFE or FACE?

I'll let you know my decision tomorrow!

From the front looking back.


Read aloud, sharing area.


Games on shelf, looking toward the front of the room.


Science/ Discovery Area.  Student portfolios housed below.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...