Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Continuing Education


It's a date night tonight with the hubby!  Make that a study date night.  This week I started my Master's in Education program.  I'm pretty stoked that I can take the whole program online, but at the same time it requires huge amounts of discipline on my end.  I don't know about you, but as a teacher, I find myself pretty scatter-brained and heading in many different directions at once - only to get distracted once more to start yet another activity! They should call it Teacher ADD! (Perhaps that's why I'm blogging instead of studying....)

Anyhoo, this term I'm taking two classes: (1) Introduction to Action Research and (2) Learning Styles, Learning Theories.  I'm not much for research. I would much rather have someone else do the researching and I'll bask in the results.  Lol.  But I do understand its importance and as the author of one of my texts wrote, it's important for those who are using to research to see if it's a valid experiment or test of theory.



The second class seems much more interesting and applicable to my current teaching. It touches upon 21st century learning skills and how to approach teaching to the children of this generation. Learning styles touch upon using everything from iPads and IWBs to project based learning vs. problem based learning.  I have yet to begin the reading for this class as I am quite intimidated by the 70 page assignment - and that's just Chapter 1 of ONE book! (I have another to read.)


So now's the time to buckle down and get through a series of 40 weeks with some breaks in between. Wish me luck!  I still have to plan for my school year and to keep this house of 5 running!  (And if I'm lucky, I'll squeeze out my first few freebies on TPT!)

Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Aloha
-Jenn-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...