Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Professional Reading List

For those of you who are interested, I have compiled a list of books that I have read, am still reading, and would have liked to read this summer.  Most of them have to do with literacy instruction and classroom management.  For me, those are the two biggest areas of development for children at this age.  Feel free to let me know how you liked these books, or if you have any others you'd like to suggest.

(In no particular order)


The Next Step in Guided Reading, Jan Richardson
Teaching Children to Care, Ruth Sidney Charney
The First Weeks of School, Paula Denton & Roxann Kriete
Growing Readers, Kathy Collins
Reading with Meaning, Debbie Miller
Making the Most of Small Groups, Debbie Diller
The Daily 5, Gail Boushey & Joan Moser
The Cafe Book, Gail Boushey & Joan Moser

If I had more time, I would have liked to have gotten a hold of Morning Meetings.

-jt-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...