Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

So Much to Do, So Little Time

Of course I'm talking about this last day of vacation, but I'm also talking about the school year. 

Bulletin boards to prep, name cards to write, labels to print.  Lots to prep, lesson plans to write.  Like most teachers, I spent my summer looking up new ideas and tweaking my plans to fit the new set of incoming first graders. Thanks to the wonderfully populous World Wide Web, I've gotten so many new ideas.  There have been no shortage of teachers willing to share their amazing creations both on PT and their own beautifully crafted websites.  My brain and computer are filled to capacity.

So this year, I'll be implementing Daily 5 again, mixing it with a little Reader's and Writer's Workshop, adding a dash of Guided Math strategies, all the while holding down the fort under a Responsive Classroom approach.  My reading list has been limited to the books I already had on hand, but have not quite solidified in my "signature" classroom. I'll list the ones I found most instrumental for my curriculum in my next post. 

Before I buckle down and set my first few weeks of school, I'm going to take a little "me" time and go get my hair done.  Haven't done it in ages.... I guess that's what happens when you have two little rugrats to chase!  Wonderful hubby will be taking them to the park for some fun while I'm gone.  =)

Then, it's back to work!  Prepping lessons, prepping classroom, prepping lunches and bags for tomorrow.  Summer's over.  Time to play! 

-jt-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...