Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Crunching out the Curriculum

I was once one of those teacher who thought that after the first couple of years, the rest of my career would be smooth sailing. Sure, go through the lessons a couple of times and I should be able to use the same plans.

That was me. But after these first couple of years, I realized I have so much more to learn; so much more to try; so much more to do! Teaching is one of those jobs that never let you sleep. Yes, it's summer vacation, but how many of you out there can't help but dream of what you're going to do for the next school year? The real question is how many of you think of the next year while you're still wrapping up the school year?

All in all, I've spent much of my six months of maternity leave and summer vacation mulling over this upcoming school year. I've bookmarked nearly 100 websites, visited numerous websites, spending hours upon hours getting inspired. I've planned out my long range plans, committed to implementing Daily 5 and CAFE in my language program. I've reorganized my math layout, and have just begun weeding through my enormous library.

Despite all this planning, however, I don't feel quite prepared. There is still so much more to do. I think once I have that chance to get into my room in a couple days, I'll feel much better. My wonderful husband has been gracious enough to keep the kids busy while I work this week. Now that it's crunch time, I'm starting to feel the pressure of being prepared, having my lessons ready, getting all the prep done, and be welcoming and ready on that first day of school when 24 kids come bounding in my classroom door.

Let's begin...... Day 1, 8:00.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a great 1st day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...