Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

T Minus 2 weeks

Welcome to my first teacher blog! I'd love to hear your comments and insights as I embark on my third year as a first grade teacher. This January, my family has been blessed with the arrival of my baby girl. Our little family is now complete with daughter, son and dog. As I adjust to my new life with two kids (6 months and 4 years), I'm seriously taking a look at my professional life and am eagerly trying to find that balance between school and home. in other words, I don't want to be spending my hours after school at school.

I will also be implementing some new ideas in my classroom this year. I am excited to redo my literacy block after reading The Daily Five and The CAFE Book over the summer. I will also be trying out the Daily Five strategies in my math curriculum as well.

I enjoy the company and hope you enjoy the ride along with me as I test out these waters and sail away into another wonderful school year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I'm TeacherCarrie over on PT. I also have a blog that is mostly about teaching, but isn't just excluded to that subject. Check it out as well if you'd like. It's called "Memoirs of a Teacher," on Wordpress. (memoirsofateacher.wordpress.com)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your blog and your goals! Creating the balance between work and home is a perfect goal...the baby years fly by so quickly! I look forward to following your blog. Don't forget to post some pictures during the winter months for us cold weather folks!
MsTeach at P/T

Leah Carpenter said...

I blog also. I live in Ar. You can check out my blog at: mrscarpentersclass.blogspot.com

Mary Mueller said...

Good luck with blogging! I look forward to reading. (MeMimi from PT :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...