Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wrapping Up My Life as a Stay at Home Mom

It's hard not to count the days down til school starts....especially since I've been away for so long. My last teaching day was in the middle of last December. Since then, I have been lucky enough to spend the days with my new daughter for her first six months of life.

The first few weeks blurred into gray matter as sleep, changing, rocking, carrying all melded into each other. An added challenge was to make sure our first child was well cared for as well. Our son was a champ welcoming our new bundle of joy. Thankfully as she turned the corner into her third month, she found her thumb and since then (knock on wood), she's been content through the night. Daddy and I are still adjusting our late night life to accommodate her early to bed-early to rise schedule.

Somehow the last 4 months flew past me with barely an acknowledging whisper. I look at my calendar and I can't believe I've only got two weeks left to finalize my school plan, set my room, prepare EVERYTHING for my first few weeks of class, and get my personal schedule in order.

As I start this new week, I'm going to start planning everything out, write my To Do list and fill up my calendar, and waking up early. Well, more than just "waking up" rather, I'd like to be completely alert and ready to start my day when my daughter wakes me up before 6!

I'm one of those people who needs a clean slate to feel accomplished. I am sooooo looking forward to getting all my preparations done so I can be roaring and ready to go on August 3rd!

1 comment:

tester said...

I'm just testing how an unregistered person can comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...